When Lexi’s Mum spotted a hold in her 7 year old not only was she horrified but was worried Lexi would panic when she visited the dentist. Here’s what happened:
- Mum called to make an urgent appointment.
- Dr Karen, known for her gentle manner with children, was available the next day.
- Whilst waiting to see Dr Karen, Lexi looked for the fish in DCME’s garden pond.
- Lexi was taken upstairs to Dr Karen’s room, sat in the comfy chair and was given pretty glasses to wear.
- Dr Karen rubbed banana flavoured paste around Lexi’s tooth so she didn’t feel the anesthetic nor see the needle.
- Lexi was so relaxed, the drill didn’t bother her.
Before she knew it Lexi’s procedure was all done, she choose a smiley-sticker, was given a care pack and was on her way to school
Lexi wrote a story about her experience …. click on the link to see the reel